The Actifry was first released in France in 2006.
It has dual abilities — hot air frying, plus “self-stirring” for wet dishes such as risottos and curries. Thus, it is sometimes referred to as a “multi-cooker.”
- The “Classic” Actifry model, first released in France in 2006, is still in production, but has been joined by at least 8 other models (as of August 2014.) This is a list of the models I know of, listed roughly in ascending order of price / features. You can click the model name for an... Read More »
- This page lists various Actifry™ recipe books: electronic ones online, for sale on Amazon, web sites, apps, and records the ones that were officially distributed with the machines by T-Fal. Let me know of any recipe sources not listed here, and I’ll try to keep this relatively up to date. “Real cooks” were impressed... Read More »
- An Actifry Snacking Basket is an accessory that comes in the box with the Actifry Snacking model. The basket is also sold as a stand alone unit. The SEB /T-fal parts UK site says the basket will work with the following range of Actifry models: GH80xx, FZxx, and AL80Xxx . So that (“FZxx”) should mean... Read More »
- I know of at least five different types of timers being used with Actifry™ machines. 1. Actifry Classic Type Timer The Actifry Classic type timer is only that: a timer. It won’t automatically start or stop the machine. You start and stop the machine manually via the on / off button to the... Read More »
- Manuals are available online for many Actifry™ models. The availability of online manuals is handy if you can’t find yours, or, got your Actifry second-hand from a friend who didn’t include the manual. Note that “manuals” does not mean “cookbooks”, which is a separate topic altogether. See here for our overview of Actifry cookbooks. ... Read More »
- The paddles used in Actifry™ machines vary from model to model. There are three different paddles that I am aware of, as of August 2014. For information on different sources for these parts, see our Actifry Spare Parts Sources page for links. Paddle for Classic/Gourmet Edition ActiFry (FZ-700xxx) This is the paddle for the Classic... Read More »
- Actifry pans (aka bowls, aka “body pot”) are different and not interchangeable for the most part. This piece will briefly look at three pans: Actifry 2-in-1, Actifry Family Sized, and Actifry Classic. The Actifry 2-in-1 pan and the Family Sized pan at first blush look roughly the same. They are both the same width (24... Read More »
- The Actifry™ spare part business is a going concern and seems to do a roaring trade. While you might initially think that’s bad news — why is such a supply chain needed? — ultimately, it’s good news to realize that you won’t be out in the cold should something go wrong. On this page,... Read More »
- Actifry machines first hit the market in 2006 in France, and since then, there has been a growing body of shared user knowledge and expertise around them. We’ve assembled some answers about their usage, and how to care for them. Let us know if there’s a question you would like investigated. Note: the lids and... Read More »
Common features of Actifry Machines
All Actifrys have the following characteristics in common.
- They all use blown hot air;
- The cooking temperature of the Actifry is approximately 180 C / 350 F (160 C / 320 F at the heart of the food) at the end of the cooking. Note: the Actifry Express model may cook hotter. 1
- They all have cool touch bodies;
- None has temperature settings; just time;
- Almost all but not all have a timer, which may or may not automatically stop and start the machine;
- Have a paddle that turns in the centre of a pan;
- Have either a clear lid or a viewing window, which is steam free;
- On all models, you can press a button to interrupt cooking and open the lid to take control of the cooking process: adjust seasoning, test doneness, add a few more ingredients, remove early, etc.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.
Tefal FAQ. conf: http://www.tefal.com/en/instructions-for-use/Products/Food-and-Drink-preparation/Fryer/Actifry/ACTIFRY/csp/1500635531 . Retrieved August 2014 ↩