Heat: Nano-Carbon Fiber and FIR (Far Infrared)
Fan: Convection fan (2000 RPM motor with two fans)
Dimensions: 10.8 x 14 x 14.5 inches
Weight: 15 pounds
Capacity: 12.5 US quarts / 12 litres
Runs at 120 volts
Temperature: Digital. Range is 158 – 482 F (70 – 250 C)
Timer: 5 – 60 minutes. Automatic shut-off. Loud beeps when cooking is completed. Timer has delayed start ability (i.e. to automatically turn device on after x hours.)
Model #: SO-2002
Other: Includes two racks, high and low, and wire tongs to lift hot racks out. 5.5 feet long cord. Element has a rated lifetime of 5,000 hours. (N.B. Includes two racks, even though manual only pictures one.)
Name: SUNPENTOWN INTERNATIONAL INC.
Phone: 909-468-5288 / 800-330-0388 · Fax: 909-468-5279 OR email@example.com
Manufacturer’s product page: https://www.sunpentown.com/sosutuov.html
Notes: 21415 Baker Parkway, City of Industry, CA 91789-5236
Manual: Yes. Also online manual.
Recipe book: No. 9 recipes included in manual.
- Manufacturer says can cook from frozen.
- Press TEMP button once for celsius, twice for fahrenheit (but you need to do this each time you use it)
- Timer ALWAYS defaults to 40 minutes
- Lettering can wear off the dials quite quickly. Some people advise putting clear tape over the lettering to protect it;
- Heating element does not give off the glare that halogen does
- One reviewer says it dehydrates apples well, 1.25 hr at 221 degrees F
Notes: difference between SO-2000 and this SO-2002 model (( as per Amazon user review March 2010. https://www.amazon.com/review/R3BS5G8IQDZLPI/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0001NYJP8 ))
- SO-2000 has halogen heat; SO-2002 has FIR (Far Infrared) heat
- SO-2000 does not have delayed timer start, SO-2002 does.
- SO-2000 handle is pull and push down at an angle; SO-2002 handle is pull and push down straight”