Savoury, crispy, succulent chunks of tofu — for use as a garnish on or ingredient in a great variety of dishes. Quick and easy to make with just a few store-cupboard ingredients.
You can make this in a paddle-type air fryer, or a basket type air fryer.
Serves: 4. Makes 2 cups / 300 g.
Serving size: 75 g (1/2 cup)
- Cut into 2 to 3 cm (1 inch) cubes; set aside in a medium-sized bowl.
- Make a marinade of all ingredients from the sesame oil down to the soy sauce inclusive. (For a basket type air fryer, melt the duck fat by zapping for a few seconds in the microwave and stir it in.)
- Pour the marinade over the tofu cubes, mix.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, tossing a few times. If you feel like you just need more liquid, add some more fish or soy sauce.
- In the Actifry™ (or similar air frying pan) pan, melt the 1 teaspoon of duck (or goose) fat. Add the tofu cubes and cook for 20 minutes: 25 to 30 mins for extra crispy.
- In a basket type air fryer, cook in the basket at 180 C (350 F), turning or shaking every 10 minutes or so.
We used low-sodium soy sauce, and low-fat extra-firm tofu.
We used coriander paste in a tube as a convenience. You can use fresh, or use a ginger paste instead, or just plain omit, etc.
27 calories per 1/2 cup (75 g) cooked.
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per 1/2 cup (75 g) cooked; 12 points in the entire recipe.
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.