This is a delicious and easy way to roast carrots as a side dish with a paddle-type hot air fryer. Boiled carrots just won’t cut it after this recipe.
You can make this a day ahead even and reheat in microwave.
Makes 3 cups / 400 g / 14 oz in total.
Serves: 4. Makes 3 cups / 400 g.
Serving size: ¾ cup / 100 g
- Wash and chunk the carrots; do not peel.
- Put carrots in pan of your hot air fryer. Add the dried herb; pour the oil on top the dried herb (so that it doesn't get blown around.)
- Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, roast for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
4 tablespoons of orange juice is the juice of half a medium-sized orange.
Basket-type hot air fryer directions (such as a Philips AirFryer™):
Put oil and herbs in a large bowl. Toss the carrots in it. Put in machine. Roast for 20 minutes at 160 C / 320 F. Toss. Raise temperature to 180 C / 350 F. Roast for another 6 minutes. Take out. Put in large bowl with the orange juice, toss. Return to machine for a final 6 minutes of roasting.
You honestly won’t want / need more than two teaspoons of oil; I’m not just trying to be cheap with it.
I used heritage carrots, but you can use any carrots. If you use baby carrots, you can probably just chuck them into the pan as they are, with no further chopping.
Use whatever herb mixture you want.
Instead of the orange juice, you could use lemon juice, or just omit.
4 servings of 3/4 cup (100 g / 3.5 oz) each. Each serving is 84 calories / 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus®. (The recipe has 9 points in total.)
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.
* AirFryer™ is a registered trademark of Philips, Netherlands.