Incredibly delicious and morish chunks of flavourful, juicy mushrooms.
So easy to make, too — and easy to make ahead and reheat.
For paddle-type air fryers.
Serving size: 1 cup / 160 g
- Wash the mushrooms; spin dry in a salad spinner, quarter them and set aside.
- Put the duck fat, the garlic powder, and the herbes de provence in the pan of your paddle-type air fryer such as an Actifry™. Heat for 2 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon if it clumped. Add the mushrooms, cook for 25 minutes. Add the white vermouth, cook for another 5 minutes.
If you don't have herbes de provence handy, try a selection of the herbs in the mixture suggested here: www.cooksinfo.com/herbes-de-provence
To make in a basket-type fryer: zap the duck fat for 30 seconds in microwave in a microsave-safe measuring jug. Stir in the garlic powder, herbes de provence, and vermouth. Toss the washed, quartered mushrooms in this mixture in a bowl, then cook in your basket roaster for about 15 minutes at 160 C / 320 F, toss, then cook for about another 10 minutes or to taste.
Instead of garlic powder, you could use 1 clove of fresh garlic, peeled and minced, but I’d consider possibly adding that half way through the cooking rather than at the start so that it doesn’t get burnt.
Instead of white vermouth, you could use red vermouth, sherry, white wine, beer, etc. Or a juice. You can also just omit of course. It’s there to add flavour, and a bit of sheen to the mushrooms.
Instead of duck fat, you could use a tablespoon of goose fat, or about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. The reason why a greater quantity of oil may be needed than of duck fat is because mushrooms absorb up the oil more readily than they do duck fat.
Makes 4 cups / 640 g. That’s 4 servings of 1 cup ( 160 g / 5.5 oz).
There are 92 calories per 1 cup (160 g) serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus® : 2 per 1 cup ( 160 g / 5.5 oz). 10 points total in the entire recipe.
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.